Water, Fire, Mold & More!
When your commercial property is damaged by fire, water, or mold, you need immediate help to minimize the damage and restore your property back to preloss condition. The sooner that SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree is able to get to the property, assess the damage, and start on a plan of action for full-restoration, the faster your commercial property will be back in business.
If your property is still able to function during the restoration process, we will do everything possible to minimize disruption so that you can remain as efficient as possible.
Water, Fire, Mold & More!
Water, fire and mold can cause permanent damage if not handled right away. That is why SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree is available for 24-hour immediate assistance. Our team is always on call to arrive at the scene of a disaster when it happens so that we can decrease the amount of damage to your property and save you time and money.
Your commercial property is an asset that requires safe and timely restoration. SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree is a full-service general contractor that can handle any size disaster. There is never a need to call in any other company. Our team of experts are skilled and experienced in cleaning up water, fire, and mold, and can perform any extent of reconstruction. SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree can handle it all – from start to finish you can rely on our professional team. Some of our specialties include:
- Water Extraction
- Sewage Cleanup
- Smoke & Soot Removal
- Mold Removal & Remediation
- Construction & Reconstruction
Fire Safety Tips For Your Home
FIRE SAFETY TIPS FOR YOUR HOME
Many home fires can be avoided if proper fire prevention techniques are in place. In this article, we will discuss some fire safety steps to implement in your home and prevent the need for fire damage restoration.
1. The first thing that you need to do is educate yourself on the different types of smoke detectors that are on the market. There are two kinds of smoke detectors on the market, ionization and photoelectric. Ionization smoke detectors are best used for detecting the smoke that is given off from flaming fires where the photoelectric smoke detector is best for detecting the smoke particles given off from smoldering fires. The National Fire Protection Association will tell you that most deaths in home fires are due to smoke inhalation. However, since each alarm is equipped to detect different types of fires, and there is no way to determine which kind of fire will break out in a home, it is best to purchase both.
2. You need to have a fire extinguisher in your home. If a blaze does happen to break out in your home, you are probably going to evacuate and not attempt to battle the blaze, but that does not mean you should not keep a fire extinguisher in your home. The fire extinguisher is like a tool, you want to have it and better it just sits there, and you never have to use it than need it and not have it there when you need it. Sure, fire extinguishers are kind of unsightly, but if you are stuck in a fire and flames block the only exit, that fire extinguisher is going to be the best-looking thing you have ever seen!
3. Every home must have a fire evacuation plan, and you need to practice it a few times a year, especially if you have children. There is nothing more tragic than a family escaping a home fire only to have a member of the family-run back into a burning home because they think they are going to get someone who they believe to be still in there but is safely somewhere else. Make sure everyone in your family knows the evacuation plan from the home in the event of a fire and make sure everyone knows where the family is supposed to meet. Explain the value of staying at the meeting place and waiting there, and practice, practice, practice that plan.
If you are interested in learning more about fire damage restoration services call us at 781-980-7060.
Why you need SERVPRO after a fire
After a fire you may need SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree fire services very quickly in order to prevent damage from spreading through your property.
Say a fire burns a hole in your roof for instance. This could then lead to a situation where you have rain coming in through your ceiling and ruining your property more – the longer you leave this the more the extent of the damage is going to increase and thus you need to get SERVPRO emergency services whenever possible rather than waiting for the problem to get more severe.
SERVPRO will assess the damage and put a plan together. SERVPRO offers board-up services along with the clean-up. During the clean-up we can address both the fire and water damage at the property.
During this fire damage restoration process, we will ensure the removal of any odors that can linger after the smoke has been in the room. This might involve carpet cleaning as well and will often need to address adjacent rooms as well as those directly affected by fire damage.
Finally, the clean-up part of the fire damage restoration process will also involve the removal and disposal of items that are too badly damaged to be repairable. If you have furniture for instance that has absorbed a lot of contaminated water, or if you have carpet that has been badly burned… in these cases often the best case scenario is just to throw these things out and to replace them with new items.
Call SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree to see how we can help you: 781-980-7060.
Storm Damage Restoration Process
Violent weather can wreak havoc on buildings. Wind damage can be a hazard to the structure of a building by loosening the shingles or tiles on the roof. This can cause moisture such as rain and snow to infiltrate into the protective surface of the roof, which will result in the wood swelling and later on disintegration and becoming moldy. This outcome will lead to a sagging ceiling and further problems. Elements such as wind, rain, hail, and lightning can result in turning people’s lives upside down. SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree can help.
Here is what you can expect from SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree service professionals:
- SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree will come to your property or business and our trained experts will do a thorough examination of the interior and exterior of your building. This will help discover the level of the damage. In many cases, SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree will discuss the renovation plans with you and your insurance adjuster.
- When everything is agreed upon, the work begins. Depending on what type of damage is present, this will determine the type of equipment SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree will use. In the case of flooding, specialized pumps and vacuums to remove water from the affected areas will be used.
- Generators will be brought in to operate dehumidifiers and air movers so mold and mildew do not have a chance to make matters worse. Using customized cleaners, the specialist will then disinfect hard surfaces and shampoo salvageable carpets as well as apply deodorant to combat any odors.
If contacted in time, SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree will be able to rescue your building from greater structural issues, by inspecting the roof and replacing the dilapidated areas. After sealing and renovating the roof, they will then address the ceiling and restore to its former condition.
If you've recently experienced storm damage and are looking for storm damage repair or water damage cleanup, contact the specialists at SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree today to help reinstate your home or business. Call us today at: 781-980-7060.
At SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree our top priority is to restore your home or business to its preloss state after fire, water, storm or mold damage has taken place. In order to protect your belongings and prevent any further contamination or spread in a mold situation, SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree will often build a containment around any affected area. Within this containment, our trained professionals can properly mitigate and remove any mold contaminated items or structures, keeping the rest of your home or business safe and operational for use.
Within a mold containment area, our SERVPRO production technicians utilize state of the art air purifying equipment to preserve and retain as much of the original building structure and contents as possible. We will also work to clean and sanitize any salvageable items, such as dishes, and safely pack them away for return to the area once the mold intrusion has been remediated. Taking the utmost care of your property and belongings, while providing a safe environment for everyone involved during a mold remediation is of top concern at SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree.
If you suspect mold in your home or business, call SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree at 781-980-7060.
We’re Here to Help!
Why SERVPRO should be your choice!!
Why Should I Hire A Restoration Company?
If your home or business has been damaged due to a fire or a flood, the situation can seem overwhelming. You want to get the building back into livable condition quickly, but you don’t want to have lasting issues due to the smoke and/or water. You should reach out to SERVPRO Milton/Braintree.
Although every situation is different, it’s usually a wise idea to hire SERVPRO Milton/Braintree. In addition to getting the job done quickly and efficiently and allowing you to concentrate on your business or family instead of working on your home or office, SERVPRO Milton/Braintree offers several benefits. Among these are:
- We will make your home or office safe. SERVPRO Milton/Braintree knows where to look to spot potential health hazards, such as black mold, and not only get rid of current problems, but help to prevent future issues. Although cosmetic work, such as re-painting and re-plastering will make your building look fresh and new, there could still be underlying smoke and mold problems that could cause or aggravate health effects for years to come.
- We will work quickly. SERVPRO Milton/Braintree can attack your clean-up job with a full crew immediately, while you’ll have to work the clean-up around your already busy schedule. Cleaning up the damage quickly will help to prevent the damage from spreading and mold and mildew from forming.
- We will help with your insurance claim. SERVPRO Milton/Braintree has years of experience dealing with insurance companies after a fire or flood. We can help you fill out and submit the necessary paperwork to get your money quickly. Plus, the services of SERVPRO Milton/Braintree are usually covered under most homeowners’ insurance policies.
- We will help you decide what’s salvageable. SERVPRO Milton/Braintree can be invaluable in helping you determine what items you should keep and what is damaged beyond redemption. In the aftermath of a fire or flood, it can be difficult for you to make such decisions without being emotional.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry-leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high-frequency touchpoints, foot traffic, and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff performs. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for the cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation 781-980-7060.
Why Calling SERVPRO for a water damage is important
Water damage from flooding, leaks or high humidity can not only compromise the integrity of your home and its contents, but also cause mold growth. Mold can grow quickly after water damage, making the restoration process more difficult. Even a small amount of moisture, if not handled quickly and properly, can turn into a large mold infestation.
Mold spores – tiny airborne particles that are not visible to the naked eye – exist everywhere in nature, and they can grow into visible mold after a water damage incident. When it starts invading your home, mold can cause health effects to occupants. Mold exposure can cause health effects for people with breathing problems caused by allergies or asthma as well.
However, you can avoid mold growth in your home if you act fast. All it takes is eliminating the moisture before mold has had the chance to start growing. But how quickly does mold grow after a flood or moisture problem?
How long after a flood does mold grow?
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), mold typically grows 48 to 72 hours after a flood or water leak if the right conditions are met. However, it depends on the type of surfaces and materials, amount of moisture, and temperature. Indoors, mold generally grows faster on softer surfaces in darker, warmer (70 degrees or more), and more humid environments.
The chance for mold spores to spread from one area to another also increases with time. These microorganisms can quickly fill the air and spread throughout your home, affecting more and more areas with every passing hour.
Mold spores that start to colonize on surfaces within 24 hours become visible in about 18 to 21 days of the flooding. But that happens if nothing has been done to dry the water and restore the affected surfaces.
For these reasons, it’s essential to deal with water and moisture issues as soon as you have a flooding incident. The faster the cleanup and drying takes place, the smaller the chances of major mold growth.
If you have had a flood or water damage in your home or place of business call SERVPRO Milton/Braintree 781-980-7060.
Where You Should Be Looking for Mold in Your Home
Your attic, garage, and basement are the places in your home you're most likely to find mold in your home. You may not spend much time in these rooms in your home. Not only does this mean you’re less likely to notice mold, but it also means that mold is more likely to grow due to poor ventilation. This, combined with the dark, cold nature of attics, basements, and garages, makes mold highly probable.
In the attic
Mold in the attic is a huge problem — they can contain a lot of your ventilation systems and, if left unchecked, can spread mold throughout the rest of your home.
In your attic, check for mold:
- On the roof, near any possible leaks
In your insulation.
- Near any vents from the kitchen, bathroom, or laundry room/dryer.
- Near your water heater or furnace.
- Around your soffit vents (these are the vents near the bottom of the roof that provide ventilation to the attic).
To prevent mold from growing (and spreading) in your attic, you can:
- Repair any roof leaks as soon as possible
Use the proper type of insulation.
- Properly vent items outside, instead of into your attic.
- Keep soffit vents clear to allow air flow.
- Keep your gutters cleaned and in good repair, especially during rainy months.
In the basement
Everyone knows that musty basement smell, but your basement doesn’t have to fall victim to that odor if you keep the mold out. There are a lot of areas that are prone to mold growth here, as this tends to be a moist area of the house, so here are a few reminders on where to look:
- Around pipes and ducting ( look for leaks, excess moisture, and condensation).
- Near areas where the foundation may be leaking.
- Near a sump pump.
- Windows or vents where condensation might gather.
In the garage
Rain from your car and water leaks from the roof are two of the main ways mold gets invited into your garage. If you use your garage for storage of old items or cleaning supplies, you may find mold growing in places you wouldn’t expect.
If you suspect mold growth in any of these hard to reach places, contact SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree at (781) 980-7060.
How to deal with storm damage
While many know how to react to severe weather as it occurs, some may not know how to deal with the aftermath of storm clean-up. The following tips include the best actions for homeowners to take in the aftermath of a severe storm that has caused property damage.
Homeowners that were away from their homes during the storm should not reenter their homes until it is confirmed to be safe. A storm damage restoration professional can help you determine if the home is safe. Call a disaster restoration service provider such as SERVPRO Milton/Braintree as well as your insurance company immediately.
At SERVPRO Milton/Braintree we pride ourselves in helping you get back to you home and business as fast as we can, if you find yourself with damage from a storm give us a call at 781-980-7060.