How can SERVPRO help!!
Water damage in your home or office can be completely devastating. However, there may be situations where the water damage seems minimal to the untrained eye, leaving property owners to shrug it off and skip a call to SERVPRO Milton Braintree. In many cases, property owners believe that the only reasons to call SERVPRO Milton Braintree are after a fire, major storm or other significant damages. In reality, it is always a good idea to contact SERVPRO Milton Braintree your local restoration experts, even in instances where the damage seems minimal.
There are a wide range of potentially hazardous situations that may require the help from SERVPRO Milton Braintree. From obvious disasters like a burst pipe or flood damage to preparing to put your home on the market and other preventative measures. Here are a few examples when SERVPRO Milton Braintree can help, After buying a new home we can help inspect concerning areas for water, mold and weather damage. After a major storm where you may have sufferer some water damage or if you smell any strange and unwanted odors. SERVPRO Milton Braintree is here to help, Give us a call at 781-341-7007
The Emergency Cleanup Experts (Do's and Don'ts)
SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree is available 24 hours a day for sewage removal emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with sewage damage, immediate cleanup is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the damage.
· Treat all water-impacted surfaces and furnishings as toxic, until properly decontaminated.
· Keep children and pets out of contaminated areas.
· Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
· Track contaminated material into undamaged areas.
· Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
· Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants.
· Attempt to decontaminate surfaces with sprays and other over-the-counter germicidal products, which may not fully disinfect contaminated surfaces.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help! Call Today About Our Sewage Removal Services-781-341-7007
About SERVPRO of Milton / Braintree
SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, sewage (Category 3), and/or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. They go through constant training from as soon as they are hired to ongoing training from SERVPRO's corporate training facility. When you call SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree, you can rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property like the damage never even happened.
Tips to Stop The Spread of Mold
- Keep humidity levels as low as you can—no higher than 50%--all day long.
- An air conditioner or dehumidifier will help you keep the level low.
- Bear in mind that humidity levels change over the course of a day with changes in the moisture in the air and the air temperature
- You will need to check the humidity levels more than once a day.
- Be sure your home has enough ventilation.
- Use exhaust fans which vent outside your home in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Make sure your clothes dryer vents outside your home.
- Fix any leaks in your home’s roof, walls, or plumbing so mold does not have moisture to grow.
- Clean up and dry out your home thoroughly and quickly (within 24–48 hours) after flooding.
- Add mold inhibitors to paints before painting.
- Clean bathrooms with mold-killing products.
- Remove or replace carpets and upholstery that have been soaked and cannot be dried promptly.
- Do not use carpet in rooms or areas like bathrooms, basements, or kitchens that may have exposure to a lot of moisture
- WE SPECIALIZE IN MOLD CLEANUP, GIVE US A CALL AT (781) 980-7060 SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANY DIRTY WORK.
We are Disinfecting Experts
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the CDC.
SERVPRO of Milton / Braintree is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Milton / Braintree at 781-980-7060
Why SERVPRO Milton/Braintree Should Disinfect
Four of our crew members wearing the necessary Personal Protective Equipment.
If you are responsible for the cleaning and disinfecting activities of a facility, you need to understand disinfection. Without a basic understanding of the principles of disinfection, there is a greater chance of illness and perhaps life-threatening diseases such as Covid-19 to spread. The primary use of disinfectants is to eliminate or greatly reduce microbial pathogens and thus prevent the transmission of diseases and illnesses.
The appropriate personnel protective equipment (PPE) should always be used when dealing with contaminated surfaces during cleaning and disinfecting procedures.The PPE is designed to protect the user from airborne particulates or any other hazardous materials. Surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned before being disinfected because dirt, blood, mucous and tissue may interfere with the action of the disinfectant. After the cleaning and disinfection of the designated area, the appropriate PPE must be properly disposed of to prevent cross contamination. This includes regularly changing gloves, disinfecting face masks, and throwing out the white suits.
At SERVPRO Milton/Braintree we only use products approved by the CDC and pride ourselves in the use of the necessary protective gear to get the job done right.
How to deal with storm damage
While many know how to react to severe weather as it occurs, some may not know how to deal with the aftermath of storm clean-up. The following tips include the best actions for homeowners to take in the aftermath of a severe storm that has caused property damage.
Homeowners that were away from their homes during the storm should not reenter their homes until it is confirmed to be safe. A storm damage restoration professional can help you determine if the home is safe. Call a disaster restoration service provider such as SERVPRO Milton/Braintree as well as your insurance company immediately.
At SERVPRO Milton/Braintree we pride ourselves in helping you get back to you home and business as fast as we can, if you find yourself with damage from a storm give us a call.
Why you must call SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree after a fire
Fires can be devastating if not handled properly and efficiently
When a fire hits your home, the damage can be devastating. For the best possible restoration efforts, you must address the situation ASAP.
The longer you avoid making needed repairs after a fire, the greater the chance of doing even more damage. Prioritizing the repairs and restoration of your property as soon as possible after a fire will allow you to get home back to its original condition sooner.
What Happens When Fire Damage Restoration is Delayed?
Leaving your home unrepaired for any amount of time after fire damages can result in structural issues as well as the decay of your home. You might also find yourself facing other issues like water damage, mold growth, and even theft.
When firefighters extinguish the blaze, you need to contact your insurance company right away so they can assess the damages and start your claim. You should also call SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree for help, including board-up and tarping services that protect your property from further damage.
Count on SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree to Restore Your Home
In addition to securing your property from possible thieves & vandals while protecting it from inclement weather, our proven professionals will also:
- Try to save as many of your belongings as possible – Any item in your home covered by soot or damaged by smoke can be salvaged by our restoration specialists using our proven soot & smoke damage restoration process. Soot and smoke damage requires special cleaning materials and methods to remove, which is why professionals are required.
- Help with documentation for insurance claims – Before you can file a legitimate claim for fire damage with your insurance provider, you will need to follow a number of important steps. Your restoration specialist will know exactly what needs to be done when it comes to insurance claims filing. This includes proper documentation of the damage with lists, photos, and videos.
- Work quickly and efficiently – To get your home fixed as soon and as efficiently as possible, trusting a restoration company is your best bet. An industry leader like SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree knows exactly what to do to get your home back to its original condition, like it never even happened.
In Milton, Braintree, Avon, Abington, Mattapan, Hyde Park, Brockton, Holbrook, Randolph and the neighboring South Shore when you need the help of a restoration company, the one to call is SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree. With years of experience in helping people get their homes back to the way they were before disaster struck, you can be sure that your home will be as good as new in no time. To get our help, all you need to do is to contact us at (617)774-8583 and we will send someone over to assist you.
How Humidity Affects Mold Growth In Your Home
If you see this at home or office give us a call at 617-774-8583 24/7!
HOW HUMIDITY AFFECTS MOLD GROWTH IN YOUR HOME
The humidity level in a home should be somewhere between 30 and 50 percent. High humidity is typically referred to as wet air, and air with little to no humidity is usually referred to as dry air.
A good way to think about humidity is by comparing a rain forest climate vs. a desert climate. When the atmosphere has high humidity levels, it means that there is a lot of moisture in the air. High humidity levels in your home can be a recipe for a mold disaster.
Mold is a fungus that can grow almost anywhere, and it thrives in areas with a lot of moisture. Mold can present some serious health risks to the inhabitants of a home. As the level of moisture in a home rises, the likelihood that it will start to grow mold begins to increase as well.
Most people will want to eliminate excess moisture in their home to avoid humidity and mold growth. However, ideally, you want your home to be somewhere in the middle since either extreme is not good for you or your home. Humidity is not all bad. In any place in your home where people spend a lot of time, you should not bring the humidity levels down so low that the air is uncomfortably dry.
If your home has dark, humid areas that are not well ventilated, they can become a breeding ground for mold growth. It is in settings like boiler rooms or water heater closets where you should deploy anti-humidity tactics. The first step in reducing humidity levels is by allowing fresh air to flow into that room. The next thing to do is install a dehumidifier, which is a device that sucks excess moisture from the air, mitigating the risk of humidity and mold growth in your home.
If you think you may have humidity and mold growth in your home, call SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree at (617) 774-8583 today. We service Milton, Braintree, Brockton, Randolph, Avon, Abington, Dorchester, Mattapan and the surrounding South Shore areas, we have 24/7 emergency service.
Fire Safety Tips For Your Home
Did you know the majority of fires happen in the winter months?
FIRE SAFETY TIPS FOR YOUR HOME
Many home fires can be avoided if proper fire prevention techniques are in place. In this article, we will discuss some fire safety steps to implement in your home and prevent the need for fire damage restoration.
1. The first thing that you need to do is educate yourself on the different types of smoke detectors that are on the market. There are two kinds of smoke detectors on the market, ionization and photoelectric. Ionization smoke detectors are best used for detecting the smoke that is given off from flaming fires where the photoelectric smoke detector is best for detecting the smoke particles given off from smoldering fires. The National Fire Protection Association will tell you that most deaths in home fires are due to smoke inhalation. However, since each alarm is equipped to detect different types of fires, and there is no way to determine which kind of fire will break out in a home, it is best to purchase both.
2. You need to have a fire extinguisher in your home. If a blaze does happen to break out in your home, you are probably going to evacuate and not attempt to battle the blaze, but that does not mean you should not keep a fire extinguisher in your home. The fire extinguisher is like a tool, you want to have it and better it just sits there, and you never have to use it than need it and not have it there when you need it. Sure, fire extinguishers are kind of unsightly, but if you are stuck in a fire and flames block the only exit, that fire extinguisher is going to be the best-looking thing you have ever seen!
3. Every home must have a fire evacuation plan, and you need to practice it a few times a year, especially if you have children. There is nothing more tragic than a family escaping a home fire only to have a member of the family-run back into a burning home because they think they are going to get someone who they believe to be still in there but is safely somewhere else. Make sure everyone in your family knows the evacuation plan from the home in the event of a fire and make sure everyone knows where the family is supposed to meet. Explain the value of staying at the meeting place and waiting there, and practice, practice, practice that plan.
If you are interested in learning more about fire damage restoration services call us at (617) 774-8583. SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree professionals are industry leaders in fire restoration services nationwide.
Steps to Restore Fire and Smoke Damage
Recovering from fire damage can be overwhelming but with the help of SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree everything can go back to normal sooner than later.
STEPS TO RESTORE FIRE AND SMOKE DAMAGE
Experiencing fire and smoke damage to your home is awful and traumatic. If you’re googling this out of necessity, I feel your pain. If you follow these steps, it’ll make your fire and smoke damage restoration processes as smooth as possible.
1. Contact SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree
Stop what you’re doing and call a fire restoration company such as SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree right away. The longer you wait after a fire and smoke event in your home, the worse the damage will get. Most companies will offer a free consultation or charge a small fee to come out and assess the damage. SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree will scope the job free of charge.
2. Emergency Tarping
The next step is putting a fire and smoke restoration plan in place and also tarping up any holes in your roof, windows, or walls. It is of paramount importance to form the plan for fire and smoke damage restoration as early as possible as well as doing what you can to stop the damage from becoming worse.
3. Removal of Fire and Smoke Damage
The third step is removing the damaged materials from your home. When there’s smoke damage, there is probably fire damage, and when the fire department is involved, things usually get wet. When cleaning up fire and smoke damage, it is common to discover some water damage. For this reason, it’s important to be very thorough when removing the damaged materials. The last thing you want after having a fire, smoke, and water restoration completed is to have to pay for a mold removal job a few months later!
4. Restoration of Your Home
The fourth and final step after everything has been cleaned and removed is rebuilding the space. Remodeling and restoring your home is the best part because you get to buy new things, well I guess it depends on how you look at it. Try to enjoy it cause you have to do it anyway, and if you have a good insurance adjuster, you will get a fair amount of money to replace all of your destroyed belongings.
If you have just experienced fire and smoke damage, call SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree at (617) 774-8583 for all fire, smoke, and water restoration needs. We are proud to serve Milton, Braintree, Avon, Randolph, Holbrook, Abington, Dorchester, Mattapan and the surrounding South Shore area.