Building and Reconstruction Services
Did you know that SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree offers reconstruction? If your home has excessive damage, we can help.
You have water or fire damage to your home. You call SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree. We respond immediately and work to contain the damage. Once the restoration crew has packed up, and the house is quiet again you make your way to the site of the damage and you are confronted with the remains of what was your home. What are you doing to do? Who is going to put your house back together? Where do you begin? Who can you call? Don’t worry we can help.
When the time comes to rebuild the areas of your property damaged by water/fire/mold or any other disaster, SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree can step in and save you time, money, and the headaches of taking on a construction job on your own. We understand the damage, we know what it will take to fix your property. What makes SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree’s Reconstruction division such a wise choice is that upon completion of any restoration demolition to your property, you continue to work with the same franchise for your home or business rebuild. This not only saves you time shopping for a general contractor but assures you that you will receive the same unsurpassed customer service from start to finish that you have come to expect from the leader in disaster relief: SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree.
Call us for an estimate, 781-980-7060.
How to Handle Storm Damage Cleanup
After a major storm, it is important to act quickly to minimize the impact that it has on your property. Unfortunately, storms can leave you dealing with a variety of types of damage that all must be handled properly to protect your safety and belongings. At first, surveying the damage is overwhelming, but you can be proactive by following these steps for managing your storm cleanup efforts.
Focus On Health and Safety
When dealing with water damage, it is important to first make sure that all power is shut off to the house. This is because storm water may have soaked into your walls and reached the electrical wiring. You may also need to shut off the water supply to your house if you notice broken pipes and avoid using the sewage system if it appears plugged.
Document the Damage
As soon as you can safely approach your property, you will want to take photographs of the damage that you can use as proof for your insurance company. Make sure to take an inventory of both the interior and exterior of the property, and follow your insurance policy to ensure that you consult with the proper professionals for any required inspections.
Repair the Roof
Storms tend to hit the roof of homes and businesses the hardest. Once the roof is lost, water damage quickly adds up. Make sure to have your roof inspected and repaired early on in your clean up efforts so that the rest of the property is protected from future storms.
Get Help With Water Restoration
Cleaning up flooded property requires a professional technique to ensure that every inch is dry. If your property has set for any length of time, it may also be necessary to do mold remediation since it only takes a matter of hours for certain types of mold to grow. While you can do your part to help remove things that are not affected by the storm, it is best to let a professional handle things such as determining whether or not your carpet can be salvaged.
The amount of damage even a short storm can do is shocking. Yet, it is possible to get it all cleaned up and save most of your property. By keeping safety in mind and working with a professional clean-up crew, such as SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree you will have your property looking as good as new soon.
If you're looking for storm restoration services or an odor removal company, then contact the team at SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree today.
Reconstructing after a loss
The damage has been contained, the restoration crew has packed up, and the house is quiet again. You make your way to the site of the water/fire/mold damage and you are confronted with the remains of what was your home.
Who can you call...? SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree’s Reconstruction division is standing by awaiting your call!
When the time comes to rebuild the areas of your property damaged by water/fire/mold or any other disaster, SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree can step in and save you time, money, and the headaches of taking on a construction job on your own.
Our Reconstruction Project Manager (RPM) will handle all the aspects and stages of reconstruction, allowing you to get back to your daily routine. When you trust in SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree with the investment to rebuild and improve your property you will not be disappointed. Along with coordinating all subcontractor needs and being in communication with your adjuster throughout the reconstruction process, you will be kept apprised of all phases of construction daily. Whether by phone, text, or email, our RPM will make sure you are confident and comfortable with the progress of your project.
What makes SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree’s Reconstruction division such a wise choice is that upon completion of any restoration demolition to your property, you continue to work with the same franchise for your home or business rebuild. This not only saves you time shopping for a general contractor but assures you that you will receive the same unsurpassed customer service from start to finish that you have come to expect from the leader in disaster relief: SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree.
Call the experts of SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree at 781-980-7060 and watch the damage to your home disappear “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Milton / Braintree - 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Milton / Braintree is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 781-980-7060.
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Milton / Braintree has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Milton / Braintree
SERVPRO of Milton / Braintree specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
The Basics of Cleaning After a Fire Loss
Fire damage is never expected and can turn your world upside down. Here at SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree, we have fire and restoration trained professionals and resources to get you back on your feet in no time.
The process always begins with an evaluation of what items can and cannot be cleaned. We take great care to treat your fire damaged home and belongings with great care and use a multi-step cleaning process to salvage as many items as possible. We use both dry and wet methods of cleaning to achieve the best results. By using both of these fire restoration cleaning products, our process helps to eliminate both the dirt left behind from the fire as well as preventing any lingering smell from returning.
After a fire it's difficult to know what the first step should be to get back on your feet. SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree is here to help. Take a deep breath, and call us at 781-980-7060. We work hard to restore your home to pre-fire condition so you can feel like it never even happened.
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree is here to help
During this unprecedented time this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
At SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree, we’re dedicated to inspiring confidence in communities across the country as we find our way to a new normal. And we’re doing just that with Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, our new defensive pathogen cleaning program, goes way beyond standard janitorial cleaning practices. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning. With over 50 years of experience in biochemical spill remediation and decontamination, you can trust SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree Professionals to bring a higher standard of clean to the places we gather.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree at 781-980-7060.
Storm Damage Cleanup and Restoration
Flooding and water damage from storms like the Nor’easters we experience here in New England can affect not only the structure of your house but also your belongings. SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree has the resources and experience to respond as quickly as possible. We understand that the first 24-hours after a storm that causes widespread flooding and water damager are the most important to prevent secondary or even permanent damage. As members of this community, we are invested in helping to restore the homes and businesses that make this a great place to live. Our team is ready. We are here to help!
We're Faster to Any Size Disaster
Floods and storms don’t wait for normal business hours, and neither do we. You can depend on an immediate response from our highly trained technicians, who are available 24 hours, seven days a week.
We're Highly Trained Storm Damage Specialists
As a leader in storm and water damage restoration, SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree has the specialized training and expertise to restore your home back to its pre-storm condition. Our restoration process puts an emphasis on scientific drying techniques, progress monitoring and documentation.
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technicians
We Have the Resources to Handle Storms and Disasters
In addition to our own resources, we can access equipment and personnel from over 1,700 Franchises across the state and country.
Call Us Today 781-980-7060.
Storm Damage and your Home
Storm and water damage affects not only the structure of your house but also your belongings. SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree understands that your home is more than a structure; your family’s furniture, clothing, keepsakes, and other belongings help transform a house into a home.
SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree specializes in restoring contents damaged by storms and other water damage events. Our expertise and our “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. Move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, they will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Water-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by water. They will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. They start by cleaning the exterior of electronic devices to help stop further corrosion and damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the water damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-water damage condition, SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of water damage, they have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a storm or fire emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. They take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Pre-loss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims
- Peace of mind when you need it most!
The First Steps to Take After a Fire
A fire can be devastating for your home or business and getting started on the restoration process can be truly overwhelming. Your property may have suffered fire and smoke damage, as well as widespread water damage and flooding from firefighting efforts. With SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree's specialized fire and water damage restoration experience, we can help get your home or business cleaned up and restored to its pre-fire condition. We'll even remove the pervasive smoke odor and soot by deep cleaning your upholstery and carpet.
What to do after a fire:
- Secure openings made to your property by firefighters using sturdy, durable materials designed to protect your home from both weather intrusion and intrusion by outsiders.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
What NOT to do after a fire:
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting a SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree Professional.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat, or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may destroy your garments.
Determine the Type of Cleaning Needed
Before starting the cleanup process it's extremely helpful to know what type of fire damage has occurred. There are different types of fire, smoke, and soot and each requires a different clean up method to best restore your property. Prior to beginning the restoration process, our professional technicians will test the soot to help determine which type of smoke damage occurred and will design the clean up procedure based on that information.
The Different Types of Fire/Smoke/Soot Can Include:
- Wet Smoke – Usually from Plastics and Synthetics
- Occurs from Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary.
- Dry Smoke – Produced from Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, dry, powdery, non-smeary residues.
- Protein Fire Residue – Produced by the evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
- Fuel Oil Soot – Furnace Puff Backs
- Other Types – Tear gas, fingerprint powder and fire extinguisher residue.
SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree has what it takes to restore your home back to preloss condition. Let us help you make it “Like it never even happened.” Call us at 781-980-7060.
Flooded Basement? We can help!
Returning home after walking the dog, a day at work, or a much-needed vacation, can quickly turn into a nightmare upon discovering a basement full of water. How you handle this emergency not only affects the level of damage your home may sustain, but also the safety of those you love.
What to do when your basement floods?
Start with these steps:
- Shut off electricity and gas to the area. If you’re not sure how, call an electrician or SERVPRO, who can get someone out to you right away. The most important thing to remember is to never enter a flooded area when the power is on.
- Try to determine the source of the water. Excessive rainfall or a burst pipe are two top reasons why your basement may flood.
- If safe to proceed, and while wearing protective gear like boots, gloves and a mask, enter the water to investigate the source further. If your basement has a drain and you can safely navigate to it, check to see if it is clogged.
- Time to get that water out of there. Depending on the amount of water, this may be as simple as using towels, a mop, or a wet vacuum. If the flooding is more extensive, a sump pump is necessary. Once the bulk of the water has been removed, soak up all remaining moisture with towels.
- Assess damage. Remove any items, like furniture, that appear damaged by the water and move them to a space where they can dry. If the drying process on items is taking longer than a couple days, unfortunately, they may not be able to be salvaged. Any items that were within boxes should be removed to air out, and all items should be monitored for mildew growth.
- Get the air moving in the basement to dry it out. Open windows and doors, and use fans placed around the space to inspire quick drying of the flooded area. If you have a dehumidifier, move it to the basement to aid the drying process.
How to prevent your basement from flooding?
It’s easy to look back at the cause of a flooded basement and see where things went wrong, but what about preventing flooding before it occurs? There are some measures you can take today to help waterproof your basement and safeguard it against a catastrophic flooding episode.
- Keep your rain gutters clean, and make sure they’re pointed away from the foundation of your home.
- During the next heavy rain, check around your yard to see where water is pooling and being diverted to. If it’s going toward the foundation of your home, contact an expert to grade your yard so it’s able to properly handle the water it receives during storms.
- If you have a basement window, make sure it’s protected with a window well cover.
- A sump pump can be your basement’s savior. An automatic sump pump set to trigger on when it senses water in your basement space offers a layer of protection for your home, even when you’re not there. Homeowners in particularly flood-prone areas should have a backup sump pump, and check to see if flood insurance is available for purchase.
When to call for help with basement flooding:
Calling a professional for help with a flooded basement is always a good idea, especially if the amount of water is more than a foot deep, many items have become wet, or mildew is beginning to take hold. Quickly removing the water and beginning the drying process is essential to lessen the possibility for mold to form, which can greatly increase the damage and cost involved.
We have the experience, qualifications and knowledge needed to help you quickly deal with a flooded basement cleanup, because we handle these types of jobs all the time. Let us deal with the stress and get your basement back in working order.
Give us a call at 781-980-7060.