We Can Help Rebuild Your Home After a Fire Loss
Fire damaged home in Holbrook, Ma
SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree was there with the help they needed
At SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree we want to help you get back to your life after a fire
A fire can break out in an instant. No matter how new or old your home is, there is always the risk of this nightmare becoming a reality. Many homeowners are completely unprepared for a blazing disaster, even though they know that fire damage can ruin valuable possessions and precious memories. Worse still, it can take lives.
So, how do you start rebuilding your life and home after such a disaster? The first thing not to do is enter your home without permission from the fire department – it is extremely dangerous, even if the damage is minimal. Structures might be compromised, and fires often re-ignite. The first thing to do is call your insurance company and a fire damage restoration company like us.
We will work with your insurance company and you to get you back to your life as quickly as possible. Offering reconstruction services at SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree means you can make one phone call and set your mind at ease that you will be taken care of every step of the way.
Call Us @ 781-341-7007
Graffiti and Vandalism Cleanups Offered at SERVPRO of Milton Braintree
Graffiti and Vandalism can be upsetting and create more problems if not addressed quickly
It can range from relatively minor pranks to malicious destruction of property. Often simple acts of vandalism, like breaking a window, can cause significant water and mold damage if not addressed in a timely manner.
SERVPRO of Milton / Braintree will act quickly to remove vandalism and graffiti from home and commercial spaces. In addition to removing spray-painted graffiti from exterior walls, we can also clean driveways, walkways, asphalt, metals, wood, glass, plastic, and masonry. Our highly trained technicians can offer the following services:
Tips For Water Damage in your Home or Business
When water and flooding effects your home or business, you need us SERVPRO of Milton/ Braintree 24/7
What to do until help arrives:
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
What to do after Flooding:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT to do after Flooding:
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree will be there fast with the help you need
Mold in Your Home Or Business
Call us today for a free estimate on your Mold Remediation
Mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Heard of HEPA? What is it?
Using HEPA filtered air scrubbers will help remove small particles from the air and leave the air we breathe cleaner.
You have probably heard the term HEPA in commercials for vacuums, but what does it mean? The definition of HEPA stands for high-efficiency particulate air.
What that means is that air that is passed through a HEPA filter will have 99.7% of particles in the air that are .3 microns or larger. To help put that in perspective the diameter of a human hair is between 50 and 75 microns. So as you can see a HEPA filter is capable of removing very small, invisible to the naked eye, particles from the air. Those particles could include but are not limited to dust, pollen, mold spores, soot or ash.
Using a HEPA filtered air scrubber or vacuum can help remove these small particles from the air leaving the air we breathe cleaner and remove odors.
At SERVPRO Milton/Braintree we proudly use HEPA filtration in many of our services.
Why You Cant Use Bleach To Remove Mold
Give us a call today if you see or suspect mold in your home or business
Using bleach in an attempt to remove mold on a porous surface like wood or drywall can have very negative effects.
It’s our goal help to you identify your mold sources and develop your mold elimination strategy.
Because of its chemical composition, bleach is unable to penetrate beyond the surface and get to the root of the mold. So while it may seem you’re cleaning up the mold, you’re actually just removing the visible part you can see – the root of the mold is still there. In a few short days that mold will reappear.
Using bleach on wood can actually drive the mold deeper inside the fibers causing more problems for you later. Because bleach is mostly water, you can actually feed the mold root with what it needs to grow – moisture. To sum it up bleach is toxic and using it to remove mold on a porous surface like drywall or wood will cause more harm.
At SERVPRO Milton/Braintree we are going to locate the source of the mold and prevent it from growing. By having your mold issue professionally taken care of you can be assured the problem will be taken care of the right way.
Common Causes for Pipe Burst
If you have water damage from a pipe burst, big or small. We can do the job, call us fast we are the team you need.
Your plumbing system is an intricate part of your home or business. With pipes and faucets that carry water and remove waste. Here are some some of the common causes of a pipe burst
- Clogs - When there are clogs in the pipes, water pressure can build inside, causing the pipe to shift and burst open.
Homeowner Damage - Property owners might cause accidental damage to piping when renovating their home.
Extreme Weather - When the temperatures drop below freezing levels, the cold water left in pipes can freeze and expand, thus leading to pipe bursts. Exposed pipes are especially at risk of freezing and breaking.
Tree Roots - Tree roots are naturally drawn to moist soil. If piping is set too close to a tree, the roots may grow towards the pipes and eventually break through them.
- Improper Installation - If pipes are not properly installed in the beginning, it can lead to future problems, including pipe bursts.
In this situation you will need immediate help to extract the water and contents effected as quicly as possible to minimize damage to your property and belongings. At SERVPRO Milton/Braintree we will be there with help you need fast. Our highly trained crew will jump into action and get you back to good. We will make it, "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree is available 24 hours a day for sewage removal emergencies
We Answer the Phone 24/7 Ready to Help! Call Today About Our Sewage Removal Services-781-341-7007
Immediate cleanup is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the damage.
Large or small, call us 24/7
Here are some important things to know:
· Treat all water-impacted surfaces and furnishings as toxic, until properly decontaminated.
· Keep children and pets out of contaminated areas.
· Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
· Track contaminated material into undamaged areas.
· Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
· Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants.
· Attempt to decontaminate surfaces with sprays and other over-the-counter germicidal products, which may not fully disinfect contaminated surfaces.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help! Call Today About Our Sewage Removal Services-781-341-7007
About SERVPRO of Milton / Braintree
SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, sewage (Category 3), or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility, to regular IICRC-industry certification, you can rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Storm Damage and your home
24 Hour Emergency Service in Milton, Braintree, Randolph, Holbrook & Avon Call SERVPRO of Milton / Braintree
Storm and water damage affects not only the structure of your house but also your belongings. SERVPRO Milton/Braintree understand that your home is more than a structure; your family’s furniture, clothing, keepsakes, and other belongings help transform a house into a home.
SERVPRO MIlton/Braintree specialize in restoring contents damaged by storms and other water damage events. Our expertise and our “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. They pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. They utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO Milton/Braintree can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. Move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, they will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Water-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by water. They will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. They start by cleaning the exterior of electronic devices to help stop further corrosion and damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the water damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-water damage condition, SERVPRO Milton/Braintree can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of water damage, they have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a fire emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. They take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims
- Peace of mind when you need it most!
Storm and Flood Damage Restoration Professionals
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 781-341-7007
SERVPRO of Milton / Braintree specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its original pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost and time required to restore your property.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm, hurricane or flooding disaster. We can access resources equipment and personnel from a network of 1,700 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.