Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Flood is a destructive force of nature. It submerges the entire house, damaging everything inside it. What’s more frustrating is that you need to clean the mess right away to prevent mold. Instead of letting this incident turn for the worse, why not take action beforehand to save you from all the trouble. SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree is available 24/7 to help with these unfortunate events. Mitigation is an effort to cut the risks of damage, reconstruction, and repeated damage by reducing the impact of such calamities
Apart from floodwater, you also have to take note of moisture that seeped into your home. After cleaning up, there’s no guarantee that it’s free from moisture intrusion. In fact, it might be hiding behind your walls. With our infrared thermal image device, we can locate intrusions without taking anything down and further destroying your house. Call SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree 781-341-7007
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (781) 341-7007
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.